127 – How to conduct Keyword Research
April 14, 2021
Main talking points include:
Priorities for keywords
- What makes you the most money?
- What is under-performing that needs to?
- What has quality issues?
- What will help improve the direct bottom line?
Run keyword research thematically or by department if necessary.
The output of your keyword research is threefold:
- Keyword research document (Google Sheets Template)
- Keywords Mapped to Existing Content (Google Sheets Template)
- Keywords NOT mapped to content
Sources for Keywords
- Seed ideas
- Wikipedia Table of Contents
- Google’s “Searches related to”
- Reddit and Forums
- Google Suggest
- YouTube Suggest
- Exploding Topics (see Twitter)
- Competitors (SEMRush / Ahrefs / Keyword Planner)
Join our Facebook Group!