087 – The Cornerstones of a Strong Marketing Strategy
February 17, 2020
Main talking points include:
Essentially fundraising marketing is “awareness” marketing, specifically with an emotive gist to provoke positive change. In broad brushstrokes this entails:
- Understanding / defining your key messages with the correct tonal value
- Identifying success stories that demonstrate the good work you do
- What objectives can you set / what problems can you solve for your charity by addressing your marketing (more followers/friends, more donations, more sites, etc?).
Things to consider:
- WHY should people be bothered, and how can you communicate this in a number of ways (positive, negative, with a CTA, as an educational piece, etc)
- WHO are the people that are:
- …going to benefit directly from what you do
- …going to benefit indirectly from what you do
- …going to get the “feel-good factor” and maybe one of the above?
- How EASY are you making it for people to take action?
- to donate
- to follow
- to keep in touch ON THE PLATFORM’S THE DONOR / FOLLOWER USES
- How can you REPURPOSE your messages across multiple platforms, so they’re not identical, but are consistent.
- How can you extend the lifetime value of a donor, so you’re not just chasing the one-off donations, but the regular direct debits, high worth individuals or multi-project supporters
- Do you have the infrastructure and skill set for all of the above, if not, how and where can you get help? (SO…!)
- Do you have an investment/budget to generate this outreach? If not, can you get one?
- Are you looking for a quick time fix or a deep-rooted foundation that will build over time?
Finally, set targets, so you know you’re on the right path and things can be rectified quickly if deviation happens.
Join our Facebook Group!
Please follow and like us: