032 – Planning Engaging Content
Generating content can seem like another hamster wheel that business owners (and marketers) can understandably be wary of. Author, journalist, marketer and podcaster, Janet Murray, is on a mission to make this process easier while making content more engaging at the same time!
Main talking points include:
- Create an annual plan into quarters
- What’s happening with your client in each quarter? (3 or 4 key things)
- Pick out relevant key dates or awareness days
- Should take 5-7 mins
- Flesh out the quarterly plan
- What are the key questions?
- Generic questions
- Specific questions
- Can you tie any content to your business objectives
- Weekly content plan
- Daily plan
- General awareness content
- Consideration content
- Purchase content
- “I need to know this” content
- Practical / actionable advice
- Ask a question / controversial statement with a poll?
- Instagram stories
- “I know about that” content
- Janet’s dress poll for Youpreneur
- “What do you think” content
- Controversial / strong views
- “I know how that feels”
- Personal stories
- Abr “How can I make it about them?”
Connect With Janet:
Website / Membership: www.janetmurray.co.uk
Podcast: The Janet Murray Show
Join our Facebook Group!